Never send your resume without a supporting cover letter!
Accounts Payable Clerk Cover Letter Guidelines:
· Keep your Accounts Payable Clerk cover letter to maximum of three paragraphs in the body of text
· Use the same quality of paper as your resume
· The rule of thumb is to research about the organization in detail before writing the Accounts Payable Clerk cover letter
· A varying sentence structure and a clear flow of ideas will prolong your employers’ attention
· You should always mention that you will follow up on your application unless calls are discouraged
· Your Accounts Payable Clerk cover letter should always conclude by requesting for an interview
Accounts Payable Clerk Cover Letter Sample
19876 Northern Boulevard,
Queens, NY 11085
Oct 9, 2012
Ms. Lindsay Charles
The Packer Collegiate Institute
170 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Dear Ms. Charles:
I am very interested in the position of Accounts Payable Clerk at The Packer Collegiate Institute, and sending my resume to apply for this job. As my work experience and field of studies fits well with your job requirements, I am confident that I can help The Packer Collegiate Institute achieve its corporate and strategic goals.
I began my career immediately after completing high-school and it has been 5 years that I have been working at Tesco-Florida as a Senior Accounts Clerk. Having an associate degree in accounting, I am well equipped with knowledge and hands-on practices of preparing and matching documentation such as approved purchase orders, reconciled petty cash statements, sanctioned wire transfers and reception of reports. My responsibilities enriched my skills of managing proper flow for vendor billings and scrap reconciliation.
Furthermore, I am able to maintain accounting databases professionally and generate reports from the systems as per requirements - to assist management with periodic closing procedures. Throughout my career I have demonstrated keen problem solving skills paying exceptional attention to detail. Possessing excellent organizational skills and following the leaders I have proved myself as a very cooperative goal oriented team player. It will be a privilege for me being employed at your office.
My resume is herewith for your consideration. I’d like to discuss prospects of my professional career, and the benefits I can bring to The Packer Collegiate Institute. I’ll follow up with you in a week so that we can arrange a meeting at your convenience. Thank you for considering my job application. I can be reached at (999) 000-9000.